Thursday, December 1, 2011

just what we had always imagined

we cannot believe that brooks' room is complete, with very few exceptions. we knew that we wanted a plain and simple, sweet little boy room but just did not know how to make it happen. our good friend bethany met with me and our friend alisha and we started brainstorming. with their help (lots of), a special thanks to pinterest, a trip to canton (for all 26 alphabet letters), a stroll through fredricksberg, collecting a few of mine and trav's childhood favorites, and of course a few stops at local retailers- we had the room that we had always imagined but honestly thought we may never get the chance at!
so here it is! thank you so much bethany dufilho for all your time, craftiness, and suggestions. i love it and cannot wait to bring brooks home to his new room!











love these ideas- chalkboard closet doors and my original scuffy the tugboat little golden book that is framed!
major thanks to all the canton girls who helped me successfully collect 23 of the 26 letters all in one trip! whew, that was tough!
trav thanks for my special rocker from pier one, just cant wait to rock our little one!

unique bird from fredricksberg, just had to have this
and bethany, i love his name banner and i cannot thank you enough for all you have contributed to this super sweet room.





Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Emily said...

WOW! That looks straight out of a magazine!! I didn't know y'all had chosen a name either - I love it! I'm so excited for you.

Kristin Rae said...

Kay, that looks FANTASTIC!! I LOVE love LOVE it! So excited for y'all!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

WOW! Your nursery is absolutely adorable!! I love all of the details. Congrats on your little miracle! :)