Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10 for Texas

About 4 weeks ago Trav decided that he wanted to run the 10 mile race - 10 for Texas. (this is a race that he also ran in 1997) I thought this would be a great challenge for me too. I kept on with my training and the weekend before the race- I did a "trial" run of 9 miles. I felt pretty good after completing that run and so I went a head and registered for the 10 for Texas run.

Well holy cow- I did it. I ran my "fastest"- still what I consider slow- pace for a long run and came in under what my goal for this race was. I really can't believe that I ran the entire 10 mile race! Of course Trav did great and even placed in the top 50 out of about 2000 runners.
Before the Race
Trav FinishingTrav Checking His Splits
Me Finishing- with a HUGE smile on my face:)
Scott and Lane came to cheer us on- Lane ran the 1K!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

WOW, you amaze me! Great job!!!

Payton's mom said...

WOW!! Girl that is awesome! The farthest I have ran so far is 8 I think. You inspire me! You look awesome too!

Emily said...

You runners impress me. I sure couldn't do that!!

The Iveys said...

That is awesome!!! So proud of you guys!!