Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Ideas

The new fertility doctor that we met earlier this year had a very different spin on some of the reasons why we have not been able to get pregnant. Taking a 2 hour appointment down to a few lines is hard but in short- losing weight, eating healthier and just taking better care of my body- she felt would help out with several different "problems" that I am faced with.

So here we are- almost 4 months later. To date I have lost 26 pounds, gotten involved in a running program and working out 5 days a week (most of the time) and have totally changed my eating habits. This would have never been possible if I did not have such an amazing husband that made the choice to follow the same eating and exercise plan as me so that I would not feel alone. In a quick 4 months I really do feel like a whole new person. We have been able to track some positive changes in several areas but specifically in my hormones and menstrual cycles (just in the last month) so we are hopeful that this major life modification was at least a step in the right direction if not an answer to prayer...many..many...many prayers:)

We plan on continuing to stand by this new "lifestyle" and to be a healthy couple growing together with each other and in the Lord. I am not sure of God's timing with giving us a baby but in the meantime it did not hurt anything to get in shape.
Here is a picture from my first 5k that my cousin and I completed a few weeks ago. In November, our good friends Scott & Kari are going to do a 10K with us and then a 1/2 marathon
in February- yikes-! Something fun to look forward to while we are waiting!

4 comments:

Emily said...

WOW 26 lbs! Way to go!! And I'm so impressed with anyone who runs. I am soooo not a runner!

Bethany said...

You have done amazing, and you LOOK amazing!

Payton's mom said...

That is awesome Kay!!!! Isn't running so addicting. Which 1/2 are you doing? I would love to get to run one together sometime. You amaze me girl!

Our Life Together said...

You do look great and I am so excited to see what God has in store for you guys!