Thursday, November 5, 2009

While We're Waiting

So many of our family and friends have asked for an update regarding our adoption. I hate to say it, but there is really no news. We are still waiting! In the meantime though, we still have the same prayer, for God to give us a child-we have not given up on our God who is totally in control and tells us that all things possible through Him. So although we feel like we have been waiting an eternity for God to answer our request, we know that he is doing a great work in our lives while he is preparing us. He may be preparing us for a meeting with a birthmom, He could even be preparing us for a pregnancy, or He may be preparing us for a life together without children. The only comforting thing we can hold to is that - He IS Preparing something- He has not forgotten or forsaken us and we are loved and cared for everyday.

In the meantime- we have been blessed with 5 absolutely adorable nieces and nephews and numerous family members and friends that we cherish!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for the update! I know God has a perfect plan for your family. I love it that you see He is teaching you through this, whatever it may be!

Kari said...

You are absolutely right. I know God has a purpose and he never leaves his children. He has something special in store for both of you!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! I am a friend of Autumn's and came to your blog through her's. I am mom to 3 terrific boys that came to me through the miracle of adoption. I am praying for you while you wait.