Wednesday, July 20, 2011

just gotta read...

most of our friends and family know that we have been fighting through infertility for close to 5 years. in fact, october will be the anniversary month of when we first started "trying" to concieve.





our plans this month are to get registered through dr roach to start the invitro-fertilization process in september. well, through this trial of ours, if there is one thing we have learned (and trust me, they are many things we have learned) it is that god operates on his timing and not ours! so before i tell you how the appointment went, here is what has been going on since our last-unsuccessful treatment.

in april, we tried our 3rd iui procedure. this involves injecting the sperm directly and hopefully making the "pregancy" be acheived easier. again...this was attempt number 3!

in may at our follow-up visit, we were bascially given the last and final option as far as medical treatment is concerned for having biological children. ivf, the most comprehensive and invasive not to mention the most expensive treatment that we had left to chose from. we did a quick calculation and realized with a 50/50 chance of this procedure being a success we had better know our "due date". with a june treatment, we were looking at a sometime in march 2012 delivery- if we were not in the landscaping business, this would be fabulous...anyhow- we made the decision to wait until august to move forward- hence the july appointment (to sign the paperwork and pay for the treatment...in full as required).


so during the remainder of may, june and july, i was completely off all meds- to take a break before starting up again in august.

so here we are july!

let me just get to the point

here is what took place on Sunday June 17 at 6 am just 3 days prior to us committing to ivf!




its for sure! our miracle baby is due 3.18.12- yep- that is right, MARCH- our most busy season of the year! all we can do is laugh..and cry about it! what a miracle!


god is so good and remains faithful, even when our faith grows weak and all hope is lost- he is unchanging.


here are some other fun pictures


the disaster on the counter sunday morning (i was 5 weeks when i took my first at home test, and since-there have beeen several to follow)

a congratulations cookie from my mother in law..some what snacked on




5-6 weeks



our first appointment!




5 comments:

Cathy Hengst Photography said...

God is so good. Congrats I can only imagine how excited you must be. I follow your blog from Nicholes and travis did some work for us in the winter. Hope you have a wonderful and easy pregnancy.

Emily said...

Kay what an AMAZING story. I saw on fb, but didn't know the details. I'm so in awe of this story. I love God's handiwork. I'm so happy for y'all.

Our Life Together said...

LOVE this post! Love the pictures. Love the blog updates. AND last, but not least...LOVE my niece or nephew already! So....lots of LOVE!

Kari said...

Yay! God is so Good! I cannot wait to be an Aunt again. I love baby Peterson so much and can't wait to meet him/her!!!

Anonymous said...

Kay, I am so excited for you and Travis and this little miracle baby that we have already grown to love! You are so strong in faith and you are going to be a beautiful mother inside and out! I love the pictures and you are already glowing. I hope that you keep me updated in your preganany and I will continue praying as this baby grows.