Monday, April 27, 2009

Getting Ready for Baby

Last weekend was very exciting for Travis and I. We really want to have our baby room ready for our home study in June and so we have started making preparations. The agency does not require a baby room be ready but they definitely do not discourage it-actually they are really good about staying neutral, leaving the decision totally to the prospective parents! Our scrapbook is almost finished except for the pages we have set aside to include pictures of the room once complete. We have started getting some of the pieces of furniture and now that the room is painted we are ready for the furniture to all arrive. We are, of course, going with really neutral colors and not a specific theme. As far as getting the room ready, we are just doing the furniture and bedding we will hold off on moving any further until we know if we are going to be adopting a boy or a girl, then we can make the room more gender specific. We are so excited and should be turning in the remainder of our packet mid-May and then we will just be waiting for our class in June. BTW-The toy chest was actually my Aunt Janie's when she was a little girl and I am so glad that we are going to get to use it for our little one. The rocking chair is one that my grandfather made for me! The rest of the furniture should be in soon and then I will add more pictures!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Kay I love the room. The color looks great with the dark wood furniture. I know you and Trav are excited!

Bethany said...

I can't believe I missed this post earlier! It looks great, I love the color! Can't wait to see more!!!